Thursday, March 8, 2012

NEW ARRIVALS

Out with the old, in with the new! It has been a while since I have posted any new pictures as it has been very hectic training all the new people who replaced the old rotation. I am one of the few left now from the "old rotation."
It has been fun, though, seeing the growth in capabilities in the new arrivals. From corpsmen, to nurses, to doctors- the transition is exciting to see. It is rewarding to me, and one of my goals before I leave, to make sure that the transition for the new arrivals is smooth and the new teams are well trained. I have been doing daily training with the corpsmen and some of the nurses for the last two weeks.
Before he left, my LPO (Lead Petty Officer), HM1 Sauer, a fellow Reservist and fireman from NC assisted in training some new corpsmen in the Trauma Bay. Also, despite a winter lull, the pace has picked up again, unfortunately, and we had our first multiple casualty event the first week after our new people arrived. Even after five months here, it never ceases to amaze me the teamwork demonstrated during such times, and the truly incredible care that is given to our wounded warriors!

1 comment: