Friday, March 30, 2012

My Last ER/Trauma Dept Meeting

I am really becoming a short-timer now. I had my last ER/Trauma Dept meeting this week. My awesome crew gave me a cake and a present. The present, of course, was a workout shirt. Imagine that. Even though they have been here only a month, they obviously know me too well:)!
I thought I was done with clinical medicine already, however, fate had other plans for me. As multiple casualties were coming in, all the primary trauma teams as well as the "ad hoc" trauma teams that I led came in to take care of the wounded. It reminded us all why we are really here. An important but somber mission to be certain.
On a lighter note, one of the docs received a "tennis court/set" in a box from an unknown source. So, the trauma team du jour set it up and proceeded to play a couple of sets. American ingenuity never ceases to amaze me!

1 comment:

  1. We are so ready for you to come home!!!! Stay safe and come home soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete