Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My 3 "Home's Away from Home"

Between the hospital, the barracks, and the NATO Gym, I spent more than 90% of my time on KAF or Kandahar Airfield during my deployment (and my time was split almost equally between them;)! As you can see in the one picture, the NATO GYM was not exactly too far from my barracks (about 10 yards). The remainder of my time was spent at the DFAC (dining facility), MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation), and Boardwalk, or walking between all of them. This all took place in less than a square mile. Kind of strange to spend over 6 months in a one square mile radius. It will be nice to get back home into the wide open spaces of Arizona and life/freedom in the US in general. We really take those kind of things for granted back home. Hopefully, I will no longer do so...

No comments:

Post a Comment