Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thanks to all for all my birthday cards, presents, and well wishes. They have finally stopped trickling in, and totalled 25 cards and two new t-shirts. The cards were very funny and I appreciate everyone for making my 42nd birthday special despite being spent halfway around the world and without family!
My shifts are trickling down, and I am left with only two 8-hr shifts to go in the ER. Wow! The last 9 months have really flown! I had my last ER staff meeting last week, and the staff continues to make me feel appreciated and wanted by asking me to stay. I took the opportunity to thank all of THEM, as a soon to be civilian again, for their service to our country, as they do a fantastic job every day and don't always get to hear that. Although I certainly appreciate the sentiments and compliments, I truly can't wait to get home soon to my wonderful family, who have been so supportive during these 9 months.
I can't believe I am going to miss the UofA/Iowa game by less than a week, but that is the case nevertheless! I know all my immediate and extended family will have a great time being rivals for a day, and rooting on their respective teams. I will be cheering for the Cats sunday morning Okinawa time during the game and wearing my colors proudly!
LCDR Butler

2 comments:

  1. I'll use your ticket with honor!!!! Not sure If Steph is going to make another poster this year. I haven't had the time and I haven't seen her. We are taking both boys to the game. Matt the spaz says he will be wearing ASU garb and sitting with TJ with the IA people. I have been STRESSING about what to have Luke wear! He will be in the suite with me, but I don't have a t shirt for him so I am guessing I will have him wear red! I am excited to see the Little's! Met a gal who has some friends that just opened a new sports bar on 70th & Shea (I think) called Kinnicks so I hope to get Wes there on Thursday when they come in. I wish you were going to be here, but will see you a week and a half at Serranos! :-) Go Cats! Talk to you soon!
    Love ya!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. bummer I will miss you by a week. We fly to AZ tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete