Monday, September 20, 2010

Leaving Okinawa

Finally, the day has come to check out of my "home" for last 9 months! My bike, a suitcase, and some kitchen/workout stuff got shipped back last friday. I was kinda bittersweet watching them pack up.
Another ER doc, Heather and I had our "Farewell" party last friday and enjoyed watching a fire-eater and our last true Japanese Karaoke with some of the corpsmen and Japanese interns, and other doctors. Yoshi is singing a beer drinking song "Orion" (the local brew). You can hear the song (I am told) on Utube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGLvF0c7N4k&feature=related
On my last day of work yesterday, the Japanese interns gave me a "Jinbei" and made me wear it in the ER! The staff had cake and food and many well wishes. Again, a bittersweet ending, but I can't wait to get home to see Steph, Ben and Morgan. Only 4 more days! YEA!
LCDR Butler

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I hope you are in the states by now!!! Can't wait to see you this Sunday on Amy's BIG 40 lunch!!!!! Hope you have safe travels!
    Love ya!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete