Friday, September 24, 2010

Back from Okinawa

Finally back to the states. It was certainly a bittersweet goodbye to Okinawa, and I will miss the ER, the staff, and the patients, but I am glad to be back on US soil!
I was told last year when I was getting ready to go to Okinawa that military personnel assigned there either "find the bottle or find God." I am happy to say that I found P90X and a spin class instead! I think it was certainly much healthier for me!
I did, however, have to put in a couple of pics of the Corpsmen Cove, our local all-ranks "club" on base. I did get to go there a few times,though, including the official command Hail and Farewell in August and when Steph came to let her sample one of the local brews- Orion (pronounce "oh-ree-on" not "oh-rye-on."). Although it is no JT's, it does have a certain "uniqueness" being a converted 1950's Quonset hut.
It had been months since I had Mexican food, so I began in San Diego how I left- by going out to Mexican food downtown. Boy, I never realized how much you can miss chips and salsa growing up in Phoenix.
Only a couple more days until I get to see Steph! Yea!
LCDR Butler

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are in the states again!!! That is kind of a relief! Sorry you didn't get to see that spider that you wanted to!
    Looking forward to seeing you in person! Actually a little scared and intimidated to be honest!!! But, you have inspired many to better themselves to get healthy!!!! Me included! See you soon!
    Love ya!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete