Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

It's the 9th anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy, and it seems like only yesterday. I remember quite vividly watching it unfold on live TV that Tuesday morning. I remember the shock and sadness and helplessness I felt. Hundreds of thousands of people have died since that horrible day. I have friends and family of various religions and political beliefs, but I ask all of you today to keep the goal of peace in your thoughts, prayers, and votes. However, until we achieve peace, please keep your thoughts and prayers with our service men and women, who quite literally put their lives on the line every day in service to our country and our way of life. They do this voluntarily, and deserve our thanks and respect. Godbless all of them and their families. Rest in peace to everyone that died that tragic day and since, all around the globe.
LCDR Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment