Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TYPHOON BIRTHDAY!

Thanks to my sister-in-law Jen for giving me my favorite birthday present: a TYPHOON! While in Okinawa, I have experienced an earthquake, a tsunami, climbed Mt Fuji, almost stepped on a Habu snake, but I had yet to experience a Typhoon. So, she wished a typhoon for me in my birthday card that she sent almost 2 weeks ago. Sure enough, here it is today, right on time!
Thanks also to all who sent me the well wishes and cards. Although I am spending my 42nd birthday on the other side of the planet away from family and friends, it was made very special with all the support from back home.
Also thanks to my night crew in the ER that got me a birthday cake to celebrate (the night before my birthday as they would not be working on my actual birthday). That really meant a lot to me and I will miss you all when I leave.
The only bad part of the typhoon is that I missed my birthday dinner at Fab Curry. We were actually 45 minutes away from going when they changed the typhoon status which prevented us from leaving the base. Damn! So close!
Happy Typhoon Day!
LCDR Butler

3 comments:

  1. Your wish is my command! I am glad I could provide you with such a "unique" birthday present, but really Brad, Mr. P90X Man, Who works out anywhere from 4-6 hours A DAY didn't want to ride your bike to your Fab Curry dinner in 100 mph wind? WTH? I expected more from you soldier!!!! :-)
    Lot's of love! The time will fly by now!!! See you in 25 days?
    Love ya!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I glad you had a happy birthday!!See you soon.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete