Saturday, August 21, 2010

NEW ARRIVALS!

Finally, after being on island almost eight months, watching her grow inside of Jennifer, the newest member of the Tanguay family arrived on August 20th, weighing in at 6 lbs, 3 ounces! Sylvie Isabelle Tanguay arrived in the afternoon, a week earlier than scheduled, but happy and healthy. As you can see from Jason's face, he is just slightly happy! I had another picture of both new proud parents, but after just having a c-section, I figured Jen did not want me to post that picture (it reminded me of the one of Steph and I after Ben was born. Needless to say, it is not one of Steph's favorite pics:). Congratulations!
All of our new docs have finally arrived as well. We had a "pizza picnic" to get to know them, then some of us went out afterwards to the Kadena O Club. We had to show the new docs (Michael and Jim are pictured with Rob and I) both the hilarity of the flight suits as well as try the game "crud" that they play there out for ourselves (it is sort of a "full contact" version of pool played by hand instead of with sticks). Michael's wife Jill was hanging at our table and was too intimidated to come into the testoserone-filled pool room to try "crud." I am sure the AF guys got a kick out of watching us as the "crud" room is played throughout the bar on closed circuit TV!
Today I took Rob to the airport to go back to the states. We had Fab Curry for the last dinner on island last night. I will miss my "Fab Curry buddy" but know I will see him again. Stay safe Rob and good luck. I really hope you get the new job you want and deserve. You know I am always in Phoenix if you need some contacts there.
Twelve shifts to go!
LCDR Butler

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you updating your blog more often! And the countdown is on. Whoot Whoot! Hey, just saw pics on Yahoo of a waterspout someone took in Okinawa Japan.......you turning into an amatuer photographer? You are going to have to bring back some of that Fab Curry for the rest of the family to sample. LOL
    See you in a month! Continue to stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew!!! I thought I was having a baby! So glad that it wasn't me!!! All sounds very much like me up to the c-section but don't know a Jason nor is my last name is Tanguay. Ha ha Isn't that a name of a type of gin? My oh my! Why is it that I can relate most things with food, sex or alcohol? What does that say for me?
    Super excited about your upcoming return! It sounds crazy that you only have 12 shifts left, but I am smart...a U of A grad...and I figured that is about 3 shifts a week! Smart huh! :-) No comments TJ!!!!
    Miss you and don't get sucked into a "waterspout"...what the heck is that anyway?
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete