Tuesday, April 14, 2020

2020- the CORONAPOCALYPSE (the beginning)

To be certain, these are crazy times we are living in today.  In light of the medical and humanitarian crisis due to the coronavirus occurring in New York City, and with the support of my family, I volunteered to deploy once again with the US Navy in support of the COVID19 Response by the US military.  Once again, I cut my hair (ok, let's be honest- I SHAVED MY HEAD:), packed my bags, and headed off to join my fellow Sailors with the US Navy!




With less than 24 hours notice, I boarded a plane to Philadelphia, in order to check in at Fort Dix along with fellow Army, Navy, and Air Force medical personnel deploying to support our fellow healthcare workers who are inundated and overwhelmed with the COVID19 crisis in NYC.  In less than 2 hours after I found out I would be deploying, my colleagues at both my ER jobs (at both Maricopa Medical Center as well as Springerville) had volunteered to cover over 90% of my shifts for the next two months.  Soon after, they would all be covered.  Thanks to my family and all my colleagues for their support.  In the plane, I was upgraded to first class for free along with 3 other Reservists being deployed from all over the west to NYC along with me.  In accordance with appropriate protocols, we "socially" distanced while in first class.....





5 comments:

  1. Hello Brad.
    Your “Sister” Dawn here. It is just after 3:00a.m and Thinking of You...
    I haven’t texted you because everything I have heard about
    New York, I am sure your Extremely Busy. I want you to know that for the past 35 years, I have Admired and Looked uP to you...but the way you are stepping up, Helping to Take Care of and Risking your own Safety to aid the people in our Country that need you during this W🌎RLD CRISIS...You have just Raised the BarπŸ’πŸΌ‍♀️and I couldn’t be anymore Proud of You than I am right now. Please Take Care of Yourself and Please make sure NOT to stretch Yourself to thin...I don’t know what I would do if something happened to you...
    I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH and I Couldn’t and Wouldn’t do Life Without You. If you get a chance, text me and let me know your okay.
    Love You...❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️πŸ™πŸΌ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe Brad! Thanks for taking us along the way with you!

    ReplyDelete