Tuesday, April 28, 2020

2020- the CORONAPOCALYPSE (the thank you's.....)

Thank you New York City!  It was truly our honor and a privilege to come and lend our skills, our determination, our patriotism, and our compassion to assist you in your time of need.  Despite the fact that we did not need to utilize all of our vast military capabilities and bedspace (thankfully), we were, I believe, able to help unload  a significant portion of your overwhelming burden from your emergency departments and your hospitals during the peak of the CORONAPOCALYPSE.

Likewise, thank you for showing us your generosity, your welcoming demeanor, your hospitality, and the appreciation you showed us every night at 7pm, just at dusk, when your citizens, your first responders, and even your vehicles showed your appreciation for your healthcare workers on the front lines, including my military brothers and sisters and me!  While the video below does not do the in-person reality we were witness to on a nightly basis, I will never forget this experience and feel such a deep appreciation to have played a small roll during these trying times.

 
 
Not only did your general populace show us their appreciation on a nightly basis, but you lit up your skyline in our honor as well....
 
 
 
 
Even our military honored all those on the front lines battling the CORONAPOCALYPSE, including your own military medical brothers and sisters!  Thank you to the Navy's own Blue Angels as well as the Air Force's Thunderbirds, who blazed overhead, throughout and around the city....
 
 
 
 
 
New York City even sent us THANK YOU cards to our hotel!  The decorations brought a smile to my face every time I went to poor myself a cup of joe (quite often, usually 5-6 times a day :).
 
 
THANK YOU NYC!  I will truly never forget this experience. I look forward to returning in the not so distant future with my family, when you are back on your feet with your classic hustle and bustle lifestyle.  I plan on supporting and staying in my hotel in Hell's Kitchen and having the opportunity to show my family the Javits Center and my runs along the Hudson and the restaurants where I enjoyed takeout; where I experienced the opportunity of a lifetime to play a small role in your recovery, truly at ground zero in the epicenter of the CORONAPOCALYPSE
 


 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an experience you have had, Brad! I just finished reading all of your corona apocalypse posts. Scott, Emily, Bridgette, and I all thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your service. I am so grateful that you and your Navy and other military comrades could go to New York City and help relieve some of the burden for the NYC medical personnel. God bless you! And safe travels home! I hope you get another upgrade to first class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So by the sounds of your post you are getting to go home? That is sooner than I anticipated!! But yay for NY for lowering their numbers and your service to the city!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Love how everyone honors the healthcare people and the military! Thanks Brad for your service! So proud of you! Love you ! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete