Sunday, December 11, 2011

Working Out

I took my workout addiction to a new maniacal high today- 8 hours, capped off with 2000 meters on the row machine followed by a grueling two hour spin class! I was feeling pretty impressed with myself during the spin class, until I looked up and the guy in front of me had a t-shirt that said "2010 Jalloween Javelina Jundred (mile) Race" from Aravaipa, AZ. Wow, now THAT is a workout! I am beat, though. 3 hours of spin (two sessions), 90 minutes of running, 60 minutes of elliptical, 60 minutes of P90x, 30 minutes of lifting, 20 minutes of rowing, 10 minutes of abs, and 30 minutes walking to and from the hospital completed my workout. It began at 0500, and finished at 2000 (8pm). It was broken up with a couple of hours at work, including an hour of teaching, a movie, and some time on the computer. I am lookking forward to my 24 hour shift in the ER tomorrow, as I get a day off of working out. I don't think I will repeat this day very often, especially when I return home:)

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow!!! I'm not worthy! I thought my 70 minute workout at the YMCA was pretty impressive today! In all seriousness, I truly enjoy reading your blog. From the boardwalk to the canine training, so much happening over there that I would otherwise not know about. Lots of love from Iowa! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, ditto Kayren, HOLY COW!! You keep that up and Steph won't even reconize you!!! Love getting a glimpse into your daily life!! Thanks for ALL you do for us!!! Merry Christmas (early)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you keep track of all those workouts on your cool calculator watch huh! Hope to talk to you soon!
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously exhausted just reading about all that exercise!! very impressive! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought my workouts were hard! I need to step up my game... I can't wait for my first deployment, it all sounds like an incredible experience - AJ

    ReplyDelete