Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Team Butler" Comes to an End:(

"Team Butler" is what we call ourselves. For the last four months, every 4th day, we have worked, eaten, and slept together. We have been called in as a team for multiple casualty events. We have saved lives, and watched helplessly as people died. We have laughed and joked, and shared stories of our lives and families. We have gone to receive our mail together, and have shared our "bounty." We have learned from each other and taught each other. I have taken something away from being a small part of each of their lives, if only for a moment. I will miss them all, and wish them the best. To Phil, Drew, Sean, and Will: I wish you all hapiness and success in your lives. Thank you for all that you have given me. Fair winds and following seas....
To start our call days off "right," we would play a song called "Boom Box." I believe it is one of the SNL parody songs. I always called it "Boiled Goose," after a line in the song. It always seemed if we forgot to play it, everything would go to hell. When we played it right off, we knew it would be a good day.
Ben (Lucius my brother, not Benjamin), I believe HM1 Dave Sauer (our Lead Petty Officer and an "honorary" member of Team Butler) could give you a run for your money with his "white man's overbite" and dancing ability during one our morning episodes of "Boom Box!"

No comments:

Post a Comment