Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Kandahar Kronicles: Mission Begins

I figured I would begin my next mission where my last one left off- in front of our door. Morgan took the picture before I had my last great burger for 9 months at DeLux before she took me to the airport.
It was easier saying goodbye in small pieces over 3 days, rather than as a large group. With every goodbye, however, in the end I just had to turn and walk away before the tears really started to flow. 9 months in Afghanistan will be much different I know than 9 months (in 3 month blocks) away from family in Okinawa.
I look forward to meeting interesting people that I can learn much from over the next 9 months. I look forward to the opportunity to serve and take care of our injured men and women that have sacrificed so much on our behalf. I look forward to sharing some of those experiences and feelings here. Most of all, though, I look forward to the day I return to the loving and supportive arms of Stephanie, Benjamin, and Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment