Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11

9/11 has come and gone, and fairly uneventfully, thank God. I can't believe it has been 10 years since the tragedy occurred. Much has happened since then. I find it interesting that I am finally realizing my goal to serve with our military taking care of our wounded men and women almost 10 years to the day since 9/11. Friends and family have asked if I am excited to go. I am not. But I am proud to be able to finally utilize my God-given talents to help heal those injured in this 10+ year-long war (not only our own brave men and women, but innocents as well). I will miss my family intensely, but I appreciate their support in my decision to serve. Please keep them in your prayers over the next 9 months. The countdown has started....... I leave in less than a week........ The Kandahar Kronicles begin........

No comments:

Post a Comment