Wednesday, July 7, 2010

THEY'RE GONE :(

Very hard saying goodbye again:(
We got up and Steph wanted a picture of the kids' "bed" in my small apartment at the "Q" (the bachelor officer's quarters). Then we loaded everything up in my little Kei car, and headed to the airport.
It was great having them out for almost 3 weeks, but that just makes the goodbyes harder, I think. As I hugged them all goodbye, I lost it and just had to walk away. Tears flowed most of the way home and figured I needed to just immerse myself in work and working out to make the last 3 months go by more quickly. I worked out for 3 1/2 hours and did work stuff for a couple of hours, too. Back to the routine.......
LCDR Butler

5 comments:

  1. I am sad for you all! I know how difficult this is on everyone. You have made some great memories and made the most out of those 3 weeks! These next 3 months will go by so fast! Before you know it you will be starting your outprocessing and getting to enjoy that whole "hurry up and wait" thing all over again.
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you all had a fun trip. Sure the g/bye was hard on both ends. Will see you in 3 short months B.......just in time for my 40th bash!!! Cant have a partaaay with out you :) Great pics. Thanks for letting us live vicariously a traditional butler vaca through pics!! My heart was racing with yours on your Fugi hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos and updates, Brad!! I can't believe how fast you got up and down Mt. Fuji!! My knees were killing me taking it slow, I can only imagine how yours were feeling. It sounds and looks like you guys had a great time!! Such fun memories for everyone, although I know saying good-bye was HARD, it was upsetting just to read about it. I know these last 3 months will pass quickly.....before you know it we will all be invading your cabin in Greer next summer!!!!!!!!! :) Oh and at least Steph and Morgan had Edward and Jacob to return to in Arizona!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you had a blast with them while they were visiting! I am glad to see a picture of them in your car. You packed in alot of fun things while they were there, great memories were made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great trip with everyone. You will have alot of happy memories. Thanks for the blog. We miss you.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete