Saturday, February 27, 2010

EARTHQUAKE!

SO........ my alarm clock today consisted of a level 6.9 earthquake centered 50 miles off the coast of Okinawa! Boy was that a cool way to wake up- rockin'and a rollin'! I was debating whether or not to just lay in bed and enjoy the ride, or get up and get in my doorway, or at least to put on some clothes. I was just imagining the building collapsing and me being trapped in my underwear! How embarrassing would that be? It was actually a very interesting experience and I am fine for those wondering after watching CNN.
For those out there who just think of Arizona as a desert, the above picture proves that we actually do have snow and skiing. While I was working 12 hour shifts all weekend and having meetings over President's Weekend, Steph, Ben, and Morgan were enjoying the snow and slopes and jacuzzi up in Greer! I think they got the best deal there.
I will finally get to see them soon in Hawaii! YEA! It has been over 8 weeks since I have seen them. I can't wait!
Wish us well and safe travels.
LCDR Butler

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow!!!!!! An Earthquake, I would of peed my pants!!! So thankful you are okay, Brad! Enjoy the time with your family in HI!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard about the earthquake in Okinawa. I was following the tsunami warnings in Hawaii freaking out that Steph, Ben & Morgan would be over there in a week! Then I had visions of M*A*S*H like conditions from this HUGE tsunami hitting the island and you not getting to see Steph and the kids because you got called to duty to help out all these victims of this HUGE tsunami. Quite a vivid imagination don't you think? I think I get this worry stuff from the Watson side????!!! I am so glad you are alright! I will say some extra prayers for you and that there are no after shocks while they are in HI. Please stay safe and maybe you should wear some clothes to bed! :-)
    Love you! Jenn

    ReplyDelete