Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SNORKELING

I finally started working again! Whew! Four weeks off clinically is really too long. I guess it just shows how lucky I am to truly enjoy what I do since I was definitely ready to return to the ER.
My first string of shifts was MLK weekend. The ER here definitely is busier when the clinics are closed so we were busy. Although the acuity is low, the volume was not. Staff and consultants were awesome! I even had a FP doc come in with his patient from clinic to do the LP on them!
All is not work, though, and I have kept up with my workouts, including P90X. I also got to go snorkeling with my fellow ER doc Rob. I attached the pic to prove it.
Take care, and God Bless all the people helping out in Haiti right now, including my fellow sailors and even my "cousin-in-law," who flew some victims to their new home in Iowa! Keep the victims and the workers in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. snorking looks like a lot of fun! Sorry to ask but what is P90X? What a cool experience for Mike to be a part of!! Sounds like you are enjoying your new job and have alittle R&R also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brad! Those workouts are doing wonders!!!!! Nice Butt! :-) Just kidding! Was the water warm? When TJ & I went to Hawaii a few years ago, the water was so nice! I think it was like 80 degrees, but that was in November.
    I talked to Mike Robert this morning. He said he was only doing his job! He said those kids didn't even have shoes! They got off the plane in Pella and were in sundresses, shorts and short sleeved shirts. They had never seen snow. Pretty awesome!
    Take care!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete