Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!

The whole month of October had a Halloween theme on base, culminating with the Halloween costume party on Halloween night!  Nowhere was this more evident then at my home away from home (the gym of course:)




Our hospital decorated for Halloween as well.  We even decorated our ER with a Halloween theme!
















By Halloween day, the DFAC (aka dining facility) got in the spirit with Halloween decorations and the gym staff even came trick-or-treating in costume to our hospital, where our XO (who deployed with me to Afghanistan), gave out candy to Kenneth!

 
 

Halloween itself, however, was amazing and truly one to remember.  The gym advertised my Halloween spin class and decorated the bikes for it, so I had to make sure that I lived up to expectations.  I found a Halloween themed spin class on YouTube, and added Michael Jackson's Thriller (the "real" original movie version) and the theme from Ghostbusters!  I had to have a costume so I borrowed one for the class and the after party (yes, it was a child's size, but I was able to fit into it, kind of, after losing so much weight here...)















 
 
 
 
After the spin class, our Navy group showed up to the after party, some in costume, and some not.  However, we all had fun line dancing and certainly showed up the Army (only one soldier got out on the dance floor).  When they called all of us in costumes out to the dance floor for the best costume contest, little did I know that it was actually a "dance off" to determine the winner.  Needless to say, I did not fare well in that one (coming in 10th out of 10:), relegating myself to a yoga pose as I have no dance moves...…
 
 
 
 

I thought the Halloween party we had during my last deployment to Afghanistan was a one off, but realized that everyone tries to make life while deployed just a little bit like home, including having a Halloween party.  In the end, it ended up being a great Halloween, even though it was spent in the middle of the desert in Iraq.

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment