Monday, July 30, 2018

Boredom...............NOT!

You might have thought I got injured or worse since I have not posted anything lately...… NOPE!  Still here.  I think the Iraqi internet was blocking us for a while and then, well, I have just actually been busy!

I was worried that I might get bored after a few weeks here.  Definitely not!  Between my 3 a day workouts (before and after every meal), instructing spin and yoga classes (shout out/thanks to my spin instructors Cheryl and Jordan back home for sending me some of their playlists!), writing a book chapter on emergency care for working dogs by non-veterinarians, teaching/training with our folks, teaching the Iraqi medics, reading, and occasionally sleeping and seeing a patient with a minor injury or illness (no sick traumas, thankfully), I have been quite pleasantly busy.  I was also recently selected to be the Specialty Leader for Emergency Medicine for all of Navy Reserves so now I can add a monthly newsletter to my busy days.

My roommate recently bought a smart TV, with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and soon to be cable, so I got to have a nice movie night last week when he was on call in the hospital for the night.  I watched the old version of Murder on the Orient Express.  Drank an O'douls and ate some corn nuts!  Nice night. I can't wait for college football to start.  Go 'cats!

We also have pancake breakfasts every other Saturday (the hospital group does, as I don't eat pancakes-  I just go to socialize and tried a hookah the other day with one of my corpsmen).  Not sure if that was worse than a pancake but I think it might have been!



Our kitchen where we cook the pancakes is a weird connex box on the outside but the inside is a normal kitchen (my fellow ER Doc and one of our OR corpsmen were cooking:)




It's way past my bedtime (it is 9 pm and I usually go to bed about 8 but I figured I needed to put something in my blog since I finally got it working after almost a month of silence), so I am going to sleep. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment